Soak the millet over night or in hot water for 1 hour. Rinse well.
1 cup millet
2 cups filtered water (3 cups if porridge consistency is preferred)
1/2 cup minced sweet onion
2 zucchini (medium) chopped
8-10 sliced cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
6-8 sliced kalmata or other favorite olives
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 low sodium vegetable bouillon cube
juice from 1 lemon
1 clove sliced garlic
Himilayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
1. in a pot combine garlic, onion and 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté until onions are translucent
2. add millet, vegetable bouillon cube and water to pot with onions and garlic and bring to a boil
3. Once boiling add zucchini and allow to cook until moisture is absorbed approx. 20-25 minutes
4. Remove pot from stove and allow to cool completely.
5. Stir in lemon juice, remaining olive oil (more or less to taste) tomatoes, olives and basil, salt and pepper
Optional: Serve in a collard green wrap, in a green salad or topped with arugula in a stack.
Recipe by The Balanced Palate